Getting Help at Home

As we age day to day living can get a little bit harder. Most older Australians want to remain living in their own home and maintain their independence in an environment that they are familiar with. To do this you may need some help. So how do you go about getting help.
If you at 65 years old or older you can organise to have an aged care assessment done. To set this up you need to contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 and request an assessment. They will ask you a few questions to determine your eligibility. From here you will be contacted by an aged care assessor who will organise a time to come and meet you at home to conduct the assessment.
Alternatively, you can organise help through your council or pay for private services.
I often get asked what help can services provide but you need to ask yourself what help do I need.
Some examples are:
House cleaning
Assistance to go shopping
A hand to shower
Social interaction
Medication administration
Meal preparation

If you want to find out more, give me a call.
Age Well
Sara Cook